Christchurch is a lively destination located on the east coast of New Zealand’s South island. With a host of various activities to make any trip a memorable experience, Christchurch is widely known for its English heritage with cobble stone streets and flat-bottomed punts gliding on the river that meanders through the centre. The city has
Christchurch – The Largest Southern City
Christchurch is the third most-populated city in New Zealand, and the main international hub for all those deciding to visit the southern island of the country. Thanks to its large array of different attractions, including shopping, entertainment, eateries, and the casino in Christchurch, this New Zealand destination is one of the best cities to see for those staying in the country.
Although an earthquake in 2011 destroyed large parts of the city, there has been massive efforts to rebuild everything that was damaged in the quake, and today the city has almost completely recovered from the disaster, and tourists will have no trouble finding an activity or attraction perfect for every occasion.
Popular Activities in Christchurch
Arts, Culture, and History:
- Museums: Thanks to the age of the city, there are lots of museums that can offer a unique perspective into both the history of the city as well as New Zealand as a whole. The Air Force Museum and the Canterbury Museum are two of the most well-known and visited museums in the country.
- Arts and Culture: Christchurch is known for its natural beauty, and nothing portrays this more than the various gardens and arts centres that the city has to offer. The Botanic Gardens are home to a range of different plants, including exotic and indigenous flora that follow the Avon River. An Arts Centre along with the Christchurch Art Gallery houses a multitude of art and cultural exhibits from all around New Zealand.
- Cathedrals and Churches: In theme with its name, the city is home to a number of churches and cathedrals. The Christchurch Cathedral and the Cardboard Cathedral show the diverse difference in the multiculturalism that permeates throughout the town.
Dining, Shopping, and Night-life:
- Fine Dining: Christchurch is home to a huge multitude of eateries, including expensive restaurants, pubs, and cheap take outs. The casino in Christchurch offers many eateries of different styles too and for those looking for something a little lighter, there are plenty of food markets to visit, where a variety of different foods can be tried.
- Shopping: Any city will come with malls and shopping centres, and in Christchurch visitors can choose from Ballantynes, Re:START, New Regent Street, and the Riccarton Rotary Market.
- Sleeping: Hotels, BnB’s, and motels are in abundance, and there will always be somewhere to sleep that isn’t too far from the city’s most beloved activities.
- Adventure Park: Among some of the most popular activities that Christchurch has to offer, the Adventure Park stands out as one of the very best. Visitors can rent bikes, gear, and can take special chairlifts that take them to the top of the biking courses. Along with this, the park also provides a bar and café.
- Christchurch Casino: Gambling has always been a favourite pastime among New Zealanders, and the SKYCITY Casino in Christchurch is at the top of the list as far as most popular casinos in Christchurch and New Zealand is concerned.
Christchurch – An Exceptional Experience
Thanks to its diverse assortment of activities along with its unique entertainment venues, Christchurch is worth visiting for everyone looking to visit a new and interesting place.
Playing the real money games on offer at Christchurch Casino is a truly one-of-a-kind experience. You will be able to find peerless action seven days a week with a huge variety of games to choose from: there are more than 30 table games for you to tackle and around 500 pokies machines for you to